This is my 'everyday blog' about living the life of a 'twenty something' girl in today's harsh society. Don't get me wrong, my life is by no means easy, but I am trying my hardest to live my life to the fullest with the Lord as my leader.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

A New Phase

Starting this coming week I am starting a new phase in my life, I am going to start working at the Children's Shelter in Tulsa. This is a shelter for children who have just been removed from their homes by either the court, the police, DHS. These children range in age from birth to 17years. When they come in they are normally scared to death and have no idea what is going on. Most of the children think that this place, the shelter, is a huge upgrade from where they have been living, this does not chance the fact that they are scared and that they do not know what to do.

Each child over the age of 5 gets his/her own room, with their own bed and bathroom. Most of these children have never even had their own bed, much-less their own room; so for this this is a HUGE deal. The children continue to go to school, do their daily activities and are of course fed 3 hot meals each day and given 2 snacks as well.


I really feel that this is where the Lord is calling me to be at this time in my life. I cannot wait to begin this adventure and to see what He has planned for me and for these children that He has put in my path.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Sarah! I really love to read your posts on fb about your helping at the shelter. I can imagine that is hard, but at the same time very rewarding for you.

    ReplyDelete